We are hiring a Graphic Designer!
As Graphic Designer, your responsibilities will include the following:
– Conceptualize, design and execute print ads for publication and digital ads for our website and newsletter, while adhering to brand standards and client needs. Some notable clients you could be designing ads for are Heineken, Bacardi, Red Bull, etc.
– Make changes to pre-existing ads as needed, including text changes and image updates.
– Troubleshoot and revise client supplied materials as needed, including; resizing, text changes, color changes, and font updates.
– Design specs ads on an as needed basis for account executives.
– Knowledge of design, pre-press and print production, as well as web-based technologies.
– Comfortable working with the sales and marketing teams throughout the design and approval process.
– Strong attention to detail with an ability to proof your designs, and to work independently as well as in collaboration.
– Design all internal promotional and marketing collateral, including, but not limited to; sales one sheets, media kits, power point presentations, business cards, event invitations, event collateral, envelopes, large scale event graphics and awards.
– Layout the advertising sponsored sections of the magazine, including the classifieds page, the restaurant listings page and the added value, events page.
– Assist Editorial Designer when needed.
– Ability to work in Adobe Creative Suite; Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator, is required.
– Experience working with WordPress.
– Excellent organizational and time management skills.
– Ability to work in a deadline driven, fast paced environment.
– Experience with digital ad trafficking software DoubleClick, would be beneficial, but is not required.
- For consideration, please send a cover letter and your resume, along with a link to your digital portfolio, to Martha@improper.com, with the subject line Advertising Graphic Designer.
Our Sales Department Is Hiring
The Improper Bostonian is seeking an experienced self-motivated sales professional to develop and sell advertising and marketing campaigns to new and exciting clients. The account executive will be responsible for new business development and digital sales utilizing the media platform offered by The Improper Bostonian. The ideal candidate will have prospecting/cold calling experience and an excellent ability to close and develop relationships. Time management and social presentation skills are a must. Principal responsibilities include: developing and growing existing client relationships, developing new business, accurately forecasting revenue, achieving sales goals presented by management and entertaining clients. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Improper Bostonian accepts interns for the fall, spring and summer semesters. The deadline for spring internships is December 1. The deadline for summer internships is April 1. The deadline for fall internships is August 1. To apply, submit materials via e-mail to the contacts below. No phone calls, please; qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews when a position becomes available. Thank you for your interest.
The design department is not accepting interns at this time.
Editorial Department Internships:
Nathan Tavares/Assistant Editor and Cathryn Haight/Editorial Assistant
Please e-mail a résumé, cover letter and writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Editorial interns work two eight-hour days. Applicants should also include their availability Monday through Friday.
Photo Department Internships:
Holly Rike/Photo Editor
Please e-mail a résumé, cover letter and either electronic samples of your work or a link to an online portfolio to: email@example.com.
Please do not mail portfolios.
Advertising/Marketing Department Internships:
Sara Wailgum/Receptionist/Sales and Marketing Coordinator
Please e-mail a résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.