1. Hat, $35 at Sault
2. Hat, $32 at Sault
3. Mug, $20 for a set of 2 at Neatly Nested
4. Sumak camera strap, $78 at Artemis Design Co.
5. Iron-on patch, $7 at Boston General Store
6. Matches, $15 for a box at Queen of Swords
7. Ornament, $35 at Queen of Swords
8. Matches, $14 at Boston General Store
9. Lantern, $40 at Boston General Store
10. Wilderness first aid kit, $9 at ICA Store
11. Treeline & Tide money clip, $28 at Homeslice
12. Wildsam Field Guides: New England, $18 at Sault
13. Candle, $42 at Ball and Buck
|Ball and Buck might have recently relocated its Newbury Street digs, but it’s still got the same qualities that made it a hit when it debuted, with an on-site barber and a commitment to made-in-the-USA goods. This hand-poured We Took to the Woods candle, hailing from South Carolina, is guaranteed to spice things up for any outdoorsman.
Where to Buy It!
Artemis Design Co. artemisdesignco.com
Ball and Buck 128 Newbury St., Boston (617-242-1776) ballandbuck.com
Boston General Store 305 Harvard St., Brookline (617-232-0103) bostongeneralstore.com
Homeslice 1 Bow Market Way, Somerville homesliceshop.com
ICA Store 25 Harbor Shore Drive, Boston (617-478-3104) icastore.org
Neatly Nested 373 W. Broadway, Boston (617-752-4957) neatlynestedboston.com
Queen of Swords 17 Hawkins St., Somerville (617-718-0373) shopqueenofswords.com
Sault 577 Tremont St., Boston (857-239-9434) saultne.com
2018 Improper Gift Guide: Deck the Halls • Oh What Fun! • Baby, It’s Cold Outside • Walking in a Winter Wonderland • Making Spirits Bright