1. Hermès 320 Boylston St., hermes.com
Thanks to a second-floor expansion, the 8,700-square-foot store now houses all of the goods the iconic French label has to offer, including furniture, fabrics and wallpaper.
2. Boston Park Plaza Hotel 50 Park Plaza at Arlington Street, bostonparkplaza.com
In the midst of a $100 million renovation, the historic hotel has updated its facade, lobby and ballroom and begins its final phase—overhauling all 1,054 rooms—this month.
3. Bistro du Midi and STRIP by Strega 272 Boylston St., bistrodumidi.com, and 64 Arlington St., stripbystregaboston.com
There are two new pastry chefs in town: Alexandre Bonnefoi has joined STRIP by Strega by way of Paris’ George V, and Robert Gonzalez is revamping Bistro du Midi’s dessert menu with dishes like this chocolate kahlua custard with smoked brownies and marshmallow ice cream.
4. Cyc Boston 50 Park Plaza, cycfitness.com
“Cycologists” pump up 45-minute classes with hand weights at this spin studio, which is launching six-week holiday-survival regimens tailored for riders with a BuzzFeed-style quiz.
5. Davio’s 75 Arlington St., davios.com
In celebration of its 30th anniversary, the Italian mainstay is bolstering its Sunday offerings with expanded brunch fare, plus a steakhouse ramen with shaved truffles served from 8 to 10 pm.