After nearly 28 years in business, we are closing The Improper Bostonian effective today. While this news might be surprising, the company has had a great run and we’re hopefully leaving this incredible city better and brighter since our inception in 1991.
A special thanks to…
• My family, our ownership: Thank you for believing in The Improper Bostonian and all of its employees from the beginning, and for providing incredible support.
• Mark Semonian, our founder: Thank you for creating and conceiving something that is such an important part of the fabric of our city.
• Improper staff, past and present: Thank you for all of your hard work. You amaze me every day and are smart, creative, kind, humble, loyal, fun and fabulous. You’ve been an absolute joy along this Improper journey. In the business world, a company is only as good as the people you work with—and I feel fortunate and appreciative to have worked with all of you. Your fingerprints have left a lasting impression on The Improper brand.
• Our partners and vendors: Thank you for your invaluable help along the way.
• Our advertisers: Thank you for believing in The Improper and trusting us with the chance to promote your business. We have enjoyed many memorable collaborations throughout the years.
• Our loyal readers: Thank you for picking us up every two weeks and putting us on your coffee tables—or in recent years, for also clicking on our website. It has been a pleasure to entertain, inspire, inform and amuse you. Our staff was always delighted when you shared your love and passion for the brand. Your feedback gave us a lot of pride in what we did and motivated us to continue doing it.
As you remember The Improper, try to think of how you can enrich the lives of others while celebrating AND enjoying life in this wonderful city—something we are fond of doing ourselves.
And as always, #STAYIMPROPER!
Wendy Semonian Eppich
The Improper‘s first issue (left) and final issue (right)